All the three smartphones have almost identical features with minute differences. Read here a detailed analysis of Xperia Z, Xperia ZL and Xperia ZR.
Sony Xperia Z:
Announced in January 2013 and released in February 2013, the Xperia Z is the flagship smartphone of Sony. At last Sony had made a phone that would not only compete with Apple, Samsung and the other big boys, but actually beat them. Sony Xperia Z- the water proof, dust proof flagship phone of Sony is changing the face of the brand itself.
The dust proof and water proof design is the speciality of the phone. With the unique rectangular shape, the Xperia Z keeps up the premium feel. Glass finished body gives it an executive look. Shatter proof and scratch resistant glass promises the longer life span of the phone. With 5 inches screen display and 441 ppi pixel density, the screen is crystal clear. The user interface is so crispy that it performs extra perfectly. The feature filled smartphone is available at a price tag of rupees 36,000/-.
These are the key features of the Xperia Z.
• 5 inch TFT capacitive touchscreen with 441 ppi and 1080×1920 pixels.
• Android OS, v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean), planned upgrade to v4.2 (Jelly Bean).
• Quad-core 1.5 GHz Krait.
• 13.1 MP primary camera with 4128×3096 pixels and LED Flshlight.
• 2.2 MP Secondary camera with 1080p resolution.
• 2 GB RAM
• 16 GB internal memory
• Up to 64 GB expandable memory
• Non-removable Li-Ion 2330 mAh battery
• Price: 36,000/-.
Check out here the full specification of Sony Xperia Z
Sony Xperia ZL:
Xperia ZL was announced along with Xperia Z, the flagship smartphone of Sony. Xperia ZL can be called a miniature Xperia Z, with a cut down sheet of specs and of course without waterproofing.
Xperia ZL lacks the water proofing feature of its big brother. It misses the glass finishing too. Xperia ZL is rather plasticky in its body. We can't complaint that it does not have the premium look of Xperia Z, as the price tag is a bit lower for ZL. Almost all the internals like the OS, CPU, Primary camera, etc are the same for both the smartphones.
The fact is that, there are no huge difference between Xperia Z and ZL. Even in the case of its price, both are so near. Xperia ZL is currently available at a price tag of rupees 34,000/-. that means, there is only a difference of 2,000/- rupees. When we are sure to get the flagship phone at 36,000, then what is the need of going for a scaled version at 34,000? Well, preferences are yours!
These are the key features of Xperia ZL:
• 5.0 inches TFT capacitive touchscreen with 441 ppi and 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution.
• Android OS, v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean), planned upgrade to v4.2 (Jelly Bean)
• Quad-core 1.5 GHz Krait
• 13 MP Primary Camera with 4128x3096 pixels resolution and LED flashlight.
• 2 MP Secondary camera with 1080p resolution.
• 2 GB RAM
• 16 GB RAM internal memory
• Expandable memory up to 64 GB
• Non-removable Li-Ion 2370 mAh battery
• Price: 34,000/-.
Check out here the full specification of Sony Xperia ZL.
Sony Xperia ZR:
Xperia ZR could be the last cut down version of Xperia Z. Unlike Xperia ZL, ZR will be retaining the water proofing, dust proofing, scratch guard and glass finishing of Xperia Z. There are no confirmation about the features of ZR. All available are leaked rumours.
As the device is not yet announced officially, more details of it are yet to come. These are the key features of Xperia ZR:
• 4.6 inches TFT capacitive touchscreen with 319 ppi and 720 x 1280 pixels resolution.
• Android OS, v4.2 (Jelly Bean).
• Quad-core 1.5 GHz.
• 13.1 MP Primary Camera with 4128x3096 pixels and LED flashlight.
• Secondary cam.
• 2 GB RAM.
• 8 GB internal memory.
• Expandable memory up to 32 GB.
• Non-removable Li-Ion 2330 mAh battery.
• Price not yet confirmed.
Check out here the full specification of Sony Xperia ZR.