Finally, the much rumoured Apple devices are here.
Apple Inc CEO Mr. Tim Cook announced the iOS 7 first. He said that Apple will be shipping 700 million iOS devices. The Senior vice president of Software Engineering at Apple Inc, Mr. Craig Federighi let out the details of the OS. Lets go through the main features of iOS 7.
• The iOS 7 comes with a revamped control centre, a new lock screen and several new features.
• Most of the new features are beneficiary for the iPhone users.
• iOS 7 comes with new ringtones.
• The Siri can now talk in male voice.
• iTune Radio has more than 200 features.
• IOS 7 will be available for the users from September 8th onwards.
• The supported devices are – iPhone 4 and later, iPhone 2 and later, iPad Mini, iPad Touch (5th Gen).
Then Tim Cook spoke about the new productivity application from Apple, the iWork. In his words, "We think that iWork is a really key advantage for our customers' productivity, and iPhoto and iMovie are great for their creativity."
After summarising the iWork, Tim Cook went on to announce the iPhone 5C. The Vice President of Apple, Mr. Phill Schiller had been assigned to talk about iPhone 5C. He said that the 5C will be available in multiple colours. There will be Yellow, White, Blue, Pink and Green colour variations. Lets go through the main features of the Apple iPhone 5C:
• The rear and the side parts of the device are made of a single unit.
• iPhone 5C has a 4-inch retina display.
• It has 8-mega pixel camera.
• The camera is capable of capturing HD video.
• Apple has made cases for iPhone 5C, which costs Rs. 2000/-.
• "iPhone 5C is beautifully, unapologetically plastic."- Johny Ive, the Senior Vice President of Designs at Apple Inc commented.
• There is a metal covering inside the case of the iPhone 5C, which can work as antenna.
• iPhone 5C is priced at $99 (16GB model) and $199 (32GB model) in the US with contract. The price of unlocked iPhone 5C in India is yet to be revealed. But we can roughly guess that they will be somewhere around 10,000/- and 15,000/- respectively.
After introducing the iPhone 5C, it was Schiller's turn to introduce the iPhone 5S smartphone. He claimed that Phone 5S is perhaps the most forward thinking phone anyone has ever made. The device will be available in three colours – Gold, Slate and Silver. Tim Cook declared that, "In the past, we've lowered the price of the current iPhone, making it accessible to more people. This year, we're not going to do that." Lets go through the main features of the iPhone 5S:
• iPhone 5S uses aluminum body.
• It is powered by a brand new processor, A7.
• Apple claims that, due to A7, iPhone 5S will be 2 times faster in performance than the iPhone 5.
• iPhone 5S also has M7, a new processor that runs along with A7. This processor manages accelerometer, compass, and gyroscope.
• On 3G connection, iPhone 5S will give you a talk time of 10 hours.
• The camera of iPhone 5S has five element lens designed by Apple and F2.2 aperture
• The camera has two LED flash lights.
• It also supports burst mode (10 pictures at a time).
• There is a slo-mo mode, which will capture videos at 120FPS to shoot the movement.
• iPhone 5S supports fingerprint-based security. You just need to press your finger on the scree.
• You can install multiple finger prints and make sure who all you want to open your lock screen.
• Finger print security is there for some apps too.
• Apple calls this feature Touch ID.
• iPhone 5S will cost $199 for 16GB model $299 for 32GB model and $399 for 64GB model. The price in India is yet to be revealed. We can roughly assume that they will be somewhere around 13,000/-, 20,000/- and 26,000/- respectively.
• The device will be available for pre orders from September 13th.
• The device will be available in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Japan, Singapore and UK from September 20th onwards.